Just Remember......

Happy people are beautiful. Happiness is like a mirror of the soul that reflects ones beauty inside out….

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Eleven Tips for a Happier and Beautiful You

1. Accept and give compliments: Many of us have difficulty accepting kindness from others, but we all need to remember the positive touch when time gets tough. Be kind to others and learn to accept them whoever they are.

2. Build confidence: Identify your abilities and weakness together, accept them, build on them and do the best with what you have.

3. Sharing is caring: Sharing a problem with others who have had similar experiences may help you find a solution and will make you feel less violated.

4. Make time for family and friends: Your relationship with them needs to be nurtured. Don’t take it for granted; family and friends are always there to share your joys and sorrows.

5. Volunteer: To be involved in a community gives a sense of purpose and satisfaction that paid work cannot.

6.Learn to be at peace with yourself: Know yourself, what makes you happy, what you want in life and learn to balance what you can and cannot change about yourself.

7.Create a meaningful budget: Overspending on our wants instead of our needs creates a financial problem that causes stress.


8. Take a vacation: Make time for yourself to meditate on what you really want to do for yourself. Me time is the best time to find your passion!

9. Work up a sweet: Do yourself and others good by walking, running or biking. Remember; An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day!

10. Practice random acts of kindness: Treat homeless people with respect, offer them food instead of pretending they're not there.  Volunteer to carry a bag of groceries for senior citizens; offer your seats on the bus or train to the elderly or pregnant women. 

11. The best is to say a little prayer to Our Queen of May:" Remember, most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence I fly unto you, Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful, Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen."

And here's another poem dedicated to Our Queen of May:

MAY
Anonymous; The Catholic Record:  May 1875
Hail, sweet month of May! 
Hail, bright month of May! 
Bring sunshine with thee, 
Chasing clouds away. 
March has left us sighing 
In cold and chilly blast, 
April's tears have fallen, 
May has come at last!

I will wander in the meadows, 
I will search in sunny bowers, 
I will cut sweet-scented posies, 
I will twine a wreath of flowers.
The lily and the rosebud 
With May I will entwine, 
And lay them for an offering 
Upon Our Lady's shrine.

And there is another offering 
Which at Mary's feet I'll lay, 
I know that she will prize it more 
Than all the flowers of May, 
I will pray to her to keep it 
And never from it part, 
And my Queen will deign to take it - 
My poor, yet loving heart.

I will pray to her to guide it, 
In truth and wisdom's way, 
And make it pure and balmy 
As the flowers which spring in May; 
I will pray to her to warm it 
With the sunshine of her love, 
And make it fit to deck a crown 
One day in heaven above.


No comments:

Post a Comment